KDE SC 4.5.0 Info Page
KDE SC 4.5.0 was released on August 10th, 2010.
This page will be updated to reflect changes in the status of 4.5 release cycle so check back for new information.
Please report possible problems to email@example.com.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- kded freezes when the network:/ kio-slave is first invoked. Commit 1160391 contains a fix.
- libkonq in kdebase has a binary incompatible change but the SONAME was not updated, applications using libkonq should be recompiled against the version in 4.5.
- Konqueror in KDE SC versions up to and including 4.6.1 have a cross-site scripting error that can be exploited to cause a user to be redirected to a malicious site. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
Download and Installation
Build instructions are available on Techbase, our developer wiki.
KDE Software Compilation releases are made up of the KDE Platform, Plasma Workspaces and many KDE Applications.
Due to the migration to Akonadi, KDE PIM 4.4.5 should continue to be used with this release. The new KDE PIM based on Akonadi is expected to be released later this year.
The complete source code for KDE SC 4.5.0 is available for download:
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE SC 4.5.0 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
- Gentoo Linux provides KDE 4.5.0 builds in kde overlay.
More details can be found on Gentoo KDE Guide.
- Kubuntu packages are available for 10.04. More details can be found in the announcement on Kubuntu.org.
- Mandriva provide packages for 2010.1 i586 2010.1 x86_64
- openSUSE packages are available for openSUSE 11.3 (one-click install), for openSUSE 11.2 (one-click install), and openSUSE Factory (one-click install). A KDE Four Live CD with these packages is also available.