KDE 4.2.3 Info Page
KDE 4.2.3 was released on May 6th, 2009.
This page will be updated to reflect changes in the status of 4.2 release cycle so check back for new information.
Please report possible problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- KDM versions before KDE 4.4.3 have a race condition that allows valid local users to overwrite arbitrary files. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
- KGet versions up to and including KDE SC 4.4.3 have a directory traversal flaw that can allow maliciously-crafted metalink files to download files to unintended directories. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
Download and Installation
Build instructions. Build instructions are separately maintained.
The KDE release is split into a platform release and a desktop release.
The complete source code for KDE 4.2.3 is available for download:
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 4.2 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so. Some of these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http or FTP mirrors.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
- Debian KDE 4.2.3 packages are available in the unstable repository.
- Fedora KDE 4.2.3 packages are available:
- Kubuntu packages are available for 9.04. More details can be found in the announcement on Kubuntu.org.
- Mandriva provide packages for
Please refer to README to more information and how to install debug packages to provide upstream developers proper information in case you desire help KDE improving. For Mandriva Cooker ( development ) users, 4.2.3 is fully available at cooker repositories.
- openSUSE packages are available for openSUSE 11.1 (one-click install), for openSUSE 11.0 (one-click install) and for openSUSE 10.3 (one-click install). A KDE Four Live CD with these packages is also available.