KDE 4.1 RC1 Info Page
KDE 4.1 RC1 was released on July 15th, 2008.
This page will be updated to reflect changes in the status of 4.1 release cycle so check back for new information.
Please report possible problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- None known currently
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
Download and Installation
Build instructions. Build instructions are separately maintained.
The KDE release is split into a platform release and a desktop release.
The complete source code for KDE 4.1 RC1 is available for download:
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 4.1 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so. Some of these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http or FTP mirrors.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
- Debian KDE 4.0.98 packages are available in the experimental repository. The KDE Development Platform is in unstable. More details can be found in the installation instructions.
- Fedora KDE 4.0.98 packages are in the experimental Rawhide development repository, as well as in the unstable repository hosted at the kde-redhat project.
- Kubuntu packages are included in the upcoming "Intrepid Ibex" (8.10) and also made available as updates for the stable 8.04 ("Hardy Heron"). More details can be found in the announcement on Kubuntu.org.
- openSUSE packages are available for openSUSE 11.0 (one-click install), for openSUSE 10.3 (one-click install) and openSUSE Factory (one-click install). A KDE Four Live CD with these packages is also available.
- Magic Linux KDE 4.0.98 packages are available for Magic Linux 2.1. See the release notes for detailed information and the FTP tree for packages.