KDE 3.5.6 Info Page
KDE 3.5.6 was released on January, 25th, 2007. Read the official announcement.
Please report possible problems to email@example.com.
Patches for the issues mentioned below are available from ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/security_patches unless stated otherwise.
- Konqueror contains a vulnerability that allows a malicious web site to spoof the address bar entry to a different one, possibly tricking the user into believing that they actually visited a different site. Read the detailed advisory. All versions of Konqueror as included with KDE up to including KDE 3.5.7 are affected.
- KDM can be tricked into allowing a passwordless login for logins with password configured. Read the detailed advisory. Versions of KDM as included in KDE 3.3.0 up to including 3.5.7 are affected.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- kdebindings from KDE 3.5.6 won't build against older python versions (before python 2.5) without applying this patch (md5: 28198eaaa8e777709c05d017e547ec15).
- kdeaddons from 3.5.6 was later patched to fix a minor but annoying privacy issue.
- kdepim from 3.5.6 was later patched to fix a debugging leftover which logs passwords clear text.
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
Download and Installation
Library Requirements. KDE 3.5 requires or benefits from the given list of libraries, most of which should be already installed on your system or available from your OS CD or your vendor's website.
The complete source code for KDE 3.5.6 is available for download:
The Konstruct build toolset can help you downloading and installing these tarballs.
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 3.5.6 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so. Some of these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http or FTP mirrors.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
Additional binary packages might become available in the coming weeks, as well as updates to the current packages.
Check this list to see which distributions are shipping KDE.