KDE's Applications Multimedia KMPlayer
KMPlayer is a simple frontend for MPlayer/FFMpeg/Phonon.
- play DVD/VCD movies (from file or url and from a video device)
- embed inside konqueror (movie is played inside konqueror)
- embed inside khtml (movie playback inside a html page)
- Movie recording using mencoder (part of the mplayer package)
- No video during recording, but you can always open a new window and play it
- Broadcasting, http streaming, using ffserver/ffmpeg
- For TV sources, you need v4lctl (part of the xawtv package)
KMPlayer is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2.