Release of KDE Frameworks 5.4.0Thu, 06 Nov 2014
November 06, 2014. KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.4.0.
KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. For an introduction see the Frameworks 5.0 release announcement.
This release is part of a series of planned monthly releases making improvements available to developers in a quick and predictable manner.
New in this Version
- Fix build with Qt 5.4
- Add support for rcc files
- Fix install dir when using KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS
- Fix KPluginSelector not adding non .desktop file plugins
- Fix URL in KHelpClient::invokeHelp
- Various build fixes (QNX, Ubuntu 14.04)
- Optimize IconItem in QIconItem in memory and speed
- New job KIO::mkpath()
- New job KIO::PasteJob, handles pasting+dropping URLs and data; KIO::paste replaces KIO::pasteClipboard
- New function KIO::pasteActionText, to handle the paste action
- When clicking on a script or desktop file in a file manager, let the user choose between executing and vieweing as text
- KUrlRequester: fixing handling of start directory
- Offer also overwrite option when copying multiple files and there is a conflict (regression compared to kdelibs4)
- KDirLister: do not kill+restart running update jobs.
- KDirLister: don’t emit refreshItems for items that haven’t changed.
- Prevent incorrect disk full error messages on mounts where we cannot determine the amount of free space.
- Fix running the file type editor
- Many small fixes and cleanups
- Add support for custom icons (convenience method KNotification::Event with icon name)
- Implement “go to last editing position” action
- Guard against a possibly broken code folding state on disk
- Emit ‘walletListDirty’ signal when the ‘kwalletd’ directory is deleted
- New function KMimeTypeEditor::editMimeType(), to launch keditfiletype5
- Now supports finding ui files in resources (default location: :/kxmlgui5/<componentname>)
- Fixes in the Dialog QML component size and position
- fixes in the Slider and ProgressBar QML components
- new icons
- [not communicated]
- New modules FindWaylandScanner and FindQtWaylandScanner, including macros ecm_add_qtwayland_client_protocol and ecm_add_qtwayland_server_protocol
- implement support for setting custom labels in file dialogs
You can discuss and share ideas on this release in the comments section of the dot article.