Release of KDE Frameworks 5.3.0Tue, 07 Oct 2014
October 07, 2014. KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.3.0.
KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. For an introduction see the Frameworks 5.0 release announcement.
This release is part of a series of planned monthly releases making improvements available to developers in a quick and predictable manner.
New in this Version
- Added DBus interface to load plugins at runtime
- Add convenience method KArchive::file()
- Compilation fixes for MSVC
- Fix encoding issue in KIO places dialog (bug 337642)
- Fix initial size of KCMultiDialog (bugs 337494, 325897)
- Fixed size hint and positioning of clear button in highDpi mode
- KConfigLoader: fix sharing of KSharedConfig objects
- Now provides the kf5_entry.desktop files it needs for KLanguageButton
- Kdelibs4Migration: allow distributions to set KDE4_DEFAULT_HOME_POSTFIX so that the kde4 home is found properly.
- Compilation fixes for MSVC and gcc 4.5
- Turn KFormat into a Q_GADGET so we can expose its properties to QML indirectly
- Add unicode characters to Glass emoticon theme
- Make KFontUtils::adaptFontSize be a bit more exact
- Remove leftover Perl dependency
- Now includes kio_trash
- Add new KIO job, KIO::fileSystemFreeSpace, that allows you to get a filesystem’s total and available space.
- kshorturifilter: Remove redundant forward slashes from the beginning of an URI
- Add searchprovider definitions for the qwant search engine
- File dialog: fix relative paths being turned into HTTP URLs
- Fix thumbnails for mimetype groups.
- Implement Math.Clz32
- U+0000 through U+001F is not allowed as char, but as escaped unicode sequence (bug 338970)
- Avoid infinite recursion in KStatusNotifierItem / QSystemTray.
- Many many fixes to KPluginInfo
- Add functions to convert between lists KPluginMetaData and KPluginInfo
- Multiple memory leaks fixed
- Avoid auto-completion to interfere with search/replace text (bug 339130), and more autocompletion fixes
- Many fixes to the VIM mode
- KPageListView: fixes for high-dpi mode
- KPageWidget: margin fixes
- NETWinInfo now provides convenient wrapper for WM_PROTOCOLS.
- NETWinInfo now provides convenient wrapper for input and urgency hints of WM_HINTS property.
- New freedesktop backend, not yet default but due to replace the upower/udev/systemd backends
- New module ECMGeneratePkgConfigFile, for frameworks to install a pkgconfig file.
- New option ECM_ENABLE_SANITIZERS, to enable clang sanitizers. Example: ECM_ENABLE_SANITIZERS=‘address;undefined’
- New option BUILD_COVERAGE, to enable code coverage.
- Fixed for compilation with Qt 5.4
- Fixed a few standard shortcuts
You can discuss and share ideas on this release in the comments section of the dot article.