Release of KDE Frameworks 5.2.0Fri, 12 Sep 2014
September 12, 2014. KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.2.0.
KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. For an introduction see the Frameworks 5.0 release announcement.
New in this Version
- reimplementation of the file item plugin for linking files to activities
- fix handling of uncompressed files
- fix missing default shortcuts for standard actions, leading to many runtime warnings
- better support for QGroupBox in KConfigDialogManager
- Mark KAboutData::setProgramIconName() as deprecated, it did not do anything. Use QApplication::setWindowIcon(QIcon::fromTheme("…")) instead.
- new classes Kdelibs4ConfigMigrator and KPluginMetaData
- added org.kde.kio component.
- disable the DDS and JPEG-2000 plugins when Qt version is 5.3 or later
- now follows the mime-apps spec, for better interoperability with gio when it comes to the user’s preferred and default apps.
- new classes EmptyTrashJob and RestoreJob.
- new functions isClipboardDataCut and setClipboardDataCut.
- installing “stuff” works again (porting bug)
- new class KColumnResizer (makes it easy to vertically align widgets across groups)
- New method KWindowSystem::setOnActivities
- KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcuts now makes the shortcut active too, to simplify application code.
- The maximum worker count will now decrease if a lower value is set after workers have been created. Previously, workers would remain active once they have been created.
- Examples from the previous ThreadWeaverDemos Github repository are being merged into the KF5 ThreadWeaver repo.
- The maximum worker count can now be set to zero (the previous minimum was 1). Doing so will effectively halt processing in the queue.
- Documentation of various aspects of ThreadWeaver use is becoming part of the KDE Frameworks Cookbook. Parts of it is located in the examples/ directory.
- Support for relative libexec dir.
- the file dialog now remembers its size correctly, and works better with remote URLs.
You can discuss and share ideas on this release in the comments section of the dot article.