Saturday, 10 February 2024
KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.115.0.
KDE Frameworks are 83 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. For an introduction see the KDE Frameworks release announcement.
This release is part of a series of planned monthly releases making improvements available to developers in a quick and predictable manner.
New in this version
- Update Google icon (bug 462165)
Extra CMake Modules
- ECMUninstallTarget: port generated code away from deprecated exec_program
- src/incidence.cpp - fix infinite looping
- Add isProcExists func to check if /proc exists
- Determine UNIX process if "/proc" does not exist
- Show GridDelegate labels as plaintext (bug 480106)
- holiday_ie_en-gb - Add St Brigid's Day (bug 479832)
- CI: Don't require Windows test to pass
- KDirModel: Consider invalid roots are local fs (bug 477039)
- slavebase: abort mimetype emission when the worker was terminated (bug 474909)
- KDirModel: Allow expanding network directories in file picker again (bug 479531)
- KCoreDirLister: updateDirectory: update parent folder if it is listed (bug 440712)
- copyjob: Fix implicitly skipping files when copying (bug 479082)
- Add parent widget for diff dialogs
- Emit the walletCreated signal in the KWalletD::pamOpen function if a new wallet is created during its call
- Enable exceptions for videoscannerworker.cpp
The released code has been GPG-signed using the following key: pub rsa2048/58D0EE648A48B3BB 2016-09-05 David Faure email@example.com Primary key fingerprint: 53E6 B47B 45CE A3E0 D5B7 4577 58D0 EE64 8A48 B3BB
Installing binary packages
On Linux, using packages for your favorite distribution is the recommended way to get access to KDE Frameworks. Get KDE Software on Your Linux Distro wiki page
Compiling from sources
Building from source is possible using the basic cmake .; make; make install commands. For a single Tier 1 framework, this is often the easiest solution. People interested in contributing to frameworks or tracking progress in development of the entire set are encouraged to use kdesrc-build. Frameworks 5.115.0 requires Qt 5.15.2.
Those interested in following and contributing to the development of Frameworks can check out the git repositories and follow the discussions on the KDE Frameworks Development mailing list. Policies and the current state of the project and plans are available at the Frameworks wiki. Real-time discussions take place on the #kde-devel IRC channel on Libera Chat.
KDE is a Free Software community that exists and grows only because of the help of many volunteers that donate their time and effort. KDE is always looking for new volunteers and contributions, whether it is help with coding, bug fixing or reporting, writing documentation, translations, promotion, money, etc. All contributions are gratefully appreciated and eagerly accepted. Please read through the Supporting KDE page for further information or become a KDE e.V. supporting member through our Join the Game initiative.