Saturday, 8 July 2023
KDE today announces the release of KDE Frameworks 5.108.0.
KDE Frameworks are 83 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms. For an introduction see the KDE Frameworks release announcement.
This release is part of a series of planned monthly releases making improvements available to developers in a quick and predictable manner.
New in this version
- [Document] Fix parameter name for setParentId
- [WriteTransaction] Avoid false warning when removing empty xattr terms
- [DocumentUrlDB] Remove recursive removal of parent directories
- [AdvancedQueryParser] Correctly parse empty quoted strings
- [UnindexedFileIndexer] Split into multiple transactions
- [FirstRunIndexer] Split initial index run into multiple transactions
- Fix signedness mismatch compiler warning
- [UnindexedFileIndexer] Skip document when BasicIndexingJob fails
- [Transaction] Allow to fully reset the transaction state
- [Transaction] Use unique_ptr for write transaction
- Verify parentId when adding documents
- [DatabaseDbis] Use default member initializers instead of constructor
- Export cmake config so that a app can ensure that breeze-icons is installed
- Don't create subdirectory in toplevel
- doc: use a more generic Frameworks entity in the example
- Reapply ReplayGain changes
KDE GUI Addons
- Add an option to disable building the geo: URI scheme handler
- Add juneteenth as variable holiday
- jxl: add support for libjxl v0.9, drop support for old 0.6.1
- KUrlRequester: restore unnamed filter compatibility with Plasma file dialog
- Add KUrlRequester::nameFilters, deprecate KUrlRequester::filter (bug 369542)
- KUrlRequester::setFilter: note special filter syntax, allow unnamed filters (bug 369542)
- KCoreDirLister::nameFilter: revert to non-partial matching again
- filewidgets/kfilewidget: Select and focus filename after canceling overwrite (bug 444515)
- [previewjob] Check whether thumbRootDevice is valid before access (bug 470845)
- PassiveNotificationsManager: Fix callBack lifetime (bug 470786)
- Use MobileForm.AboutPage
- BasicListItem: Use pressed state for tooltip
- DefautListItemBackground: prioritize user input events when setting background color
- Define json-validate-ignore property in .kde-ci.yml
- Remove duplicate row in category selection
- Add a view_redisplay_merge MergeLocal to ui_standards.rc (bug 470848)
- Polish DropMenu before creating platform window
- ensure all .json files are valid
- Highlight QML pragma keyword
The released code has been GPG-signed using the following key: pub rsa2048/58D0EE648A48B3BB 2016-09-05 David Faure email@example.com Primary key fingerprint: 53E6 B47B 45CE A3E0 D5B7 4577 58D0 EE64 8A48 B3BB
Installing binary packages
On Linux, using packages for your favorite distribution is the recommended way to get access to KDE Frameworks. Get KDE Software on Your Linux Distro wiki page
Compiling from sources
Building from source is possible using the basic cmake .; make; make install commands. For a single Tier 1 framework, this is often the easiest solution. People interested in contributing to frameworks or tracking progress in development of the entire set are encouraged to use kdesrc-build. Frameworks 5.108.0 requires Qt 5.15.2.
Those interested in following and contributing to the development of Frameworks can check out the git repositories and follow the discussions on the KDE Frameworks Development mailing list. Policies and the current state of the project and plans are available at the Frameworks wiki. Real-time discussions take place on the #kde-devel IRC channel on Libera Chat.
KDE is a Free Software community that exists and grows only because of the help of many volunteers that donate their time and effort. KDE is always looking for new volunteers and contributions, whether it is help with coding, bug fixing or reporting, writing documentation, translations, promotion, money, etc. All contributions are gratefully appreciated and eagerly accepted. Please read through the Supporting KDE page for further information or become a KDE e.V. supporting member through our Join the Game initiative.