KDE 4.8.2 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.8.2
- XRender support for magnifier effect. See Git commit c63944e.
- Implement xrender support for snaphelper effect. See Git commit 4abba97.
- Add xrender support to screenshot effect. See Git commit 30ee236.
- Add offscreen render support to xrender.
- Ensure that KConfig update script does not overwrite custom settings. See Git commit 05e1ee0.
- Lower windows does not change focus for Focus (Strictly) Under Mouse Focus Policies. Fixes bug 80897. See Git commit 095c602.
- Fix Window Shading for XRender compositing. See Git commit 96b8a1d.
- Desktop windows which do not annouce the virtual desktop they belong to are set on all desktops. See Git commit e9dcf1a.
- Zoom effect zooms towards the mouse cursor if mouse tracking is disabled. See Git commit e8d1d97.
- Fix restore size for shaded windows. Fixes bug 243423. See Git commit 5b11bf5.
- Select minimum stacking order layer per screen. Fixes bug 261799. See Git commit d854fc9.
- Save restore size before removing the decoration for borderless maximized windows. Fixes bug 295449. See Git commit 677915d.
- Do not animate the highlight the first time the tabbox is shown. See Git commit 56345a9.
- Split decorationRect / visibleRect usage. See Git commit 0f3380f.
- Only keep fullscreen for transients on top - not random group members Fixes bug 293265. See Git commit 8634d94.
- Do not think we have no free memory for the first two seconds. See Git commit bf47b97.
- Select files which have been pasted or dropped. Fixes bug 295389. See Git commit 210e5e3.
- Prevent flickering of icons or previews when downloading files. See Git commit ef2ef83.
- Fix sorting-issue when "Sort folders first" is disabled. Fixes bug 296437. See Git commit 7120e01.
- Bypass crash in combination with the Polyester-style. Fixes bug 296453. See Git commit 010699e.
- Fix alternate background issue in the Details mode. See Git commit f3e6298.
- Fix translation-issue in the context-menu. Fixes bug 290620. See Git commit 44482f8.
- Prevent endless scrolling when dragging items. Fixes bug 295584. See Git commit 6bf5f88.
- Details view: Allow to turn off expandable folders like in Dolphin 1.7. Fixes bug 289090. See Git commit e04cb14.
- Allow custom ordering of columns from the Details view. Fixes bug 164696. See Git commit b62c74e.
- Increase the timeout for keyboard searches (typing the first few letters of a file name) to 5 seconds. See Git commit 02eab49.
- Allow encryption of multiple folders at once using filemanager integration. See Git commit 68e727d.
- Reload key groups when changing the GnuPG config file. See Git commit 092be7e.
- Fix some editor actions with UTF-8 texts. Fixes bug 295397. See Git commit fa5e306.
- Fix password entry when pinentry is not used. Fixes bug 248161. See Git commit e2ac9db.
- Use correct line endings when reading GnuPG output on Windows. See Git commit 7eb5ed3.
- When autodetecting the GnuPG executable look for "gpg2" first. See Git commit 954c7c3.
- Honor the selected compression format when encrypting a folder. See Git commit 5bf78b9.
- Distinguish between key id and fingerprint. Fixes bug 292405. See Git commit 2a100ae.
- Fix crash when list of files to decrypt is empty. Fixes bug 294641. See Git commit 42f8b1b.
- Fix crash when GnuPG operation fails while a password entry window is shown. Fixes bug 296634. See Git commit 2de8490.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org