KDE 4.8.1 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.8.1
- Fix KConfigDialogManager fails to handle subclasses of QComboBox with custom property. Fixes bug 293702. See Git commit c27b939.
- Write to the correct xmlFile in KToolBar::Private::slotContextShowText(). Fixes bug 292574. See Git commit 0f90042.
- Re-establishes connection with networkstatus module when kded restarts. Fixes bug 262732. See Git commit e95f3be.
- Make KGlobalSettings reread locale settings before calling settingsChanged(). Fixes bug 289094. See Git commit 8775649.
- Do not make items invisible when switching previews on or off in some situations. Fixes bug 291841. See Git commit cc8f5b4.
- Make sure that Control+click toggles the selection state. Fixes bug 292250. See Git commit 84a9cc4.
- Check if the shell process in the Terminal Panel is still running before trying to kill it. Prevents unwanted killing of other processes. Fixes bug 286367. See Git commit 7dfe363.
- Handle folder names containing special character, like Space, correctly in the Folders Panel. Fixes bug 291781. See Git commit 80d9bfe.
- Fix crash when opening a new tab if "Split view" is enabled by default. Fixes bug 292470. See Git commit 5d22b71.
- Re-enable dropping items on tabs. Fixes bug 292505. See Git commit e3fc04a.
- Mark items as unhovered after copying them via drag and drop. Fixes bug 292501. See Git commit bc80a99.
- Respect the user's "Natural sorting" setting. Fixes bug 292270. See Git commit 803f50b.
- Fix possible crash in Compact View if the view height is smaller than the item height. Fixes bug 292816. See Git commit f5ecaee.
- Fix drag and drop issues with non-local URLs. Fixes bugs 292821 and 292355. See Git commit fdc2058.
- Synchronize view-mode settings before the settings dialog gets opened. Fixes bug 292698. See Git commit 02e3235.
- Respect a change of the user's "Home directory" setting also in existing tabs. Fixes bug 291043. See Git commit d03d06a.
- Update the zoom-slider in the statusbar after changing the zoom-level in the settings. See Git commit 47b4e1d.
- Implement "sort by path" and sorting by other sort roles that were still missing. Fixes bug 292941. See Git commit 86a4918.
- Fix keyboard navigation issue that occurred when Home or End and then an arrow key were pressed. See Git commit 999234a.
- Do not crash when opening a new tab while a tool tip is shown. Fixes bug 278302. See Git commit d80f35e.
- Fix an integer overflow, which could cause problems when "Sort by size" is enabled. Fixes bug 293086. See Git commit e196f06.
- Show expansion toggles in the Folders Panel also for directories on ISO images. Fixes bug 292642. See Git commit 6f65a17.
- When hovering an item with the mouse, show its size in the status bar. Fixes bug 292687. See Git commit 73e4324.
- Show the value "Unknown" for the item-count only after it has been verified. Fixes bug 291823. See Git commit d9bc83e.
- When entering a directory which is not shown in the Folders Panel yet, show it by expanding its parents, but do not expand the directory itself. See Git commit 89082ca.
- Use the whole available width of the icon area for previews of landscape images. Fixes bug 293268. See Git commit 0ade2b6.
- Fix the issue that decreasing the window size may result in an endless loop. Fixes bug 293318. See Git commit 81034de.
- Animation fixes: Don't start animations that result in overlapped items. Fixes bug 289238. See Git commit 84bb46a.
- Compact view: Don't hide items at the bottom when grouping is turned on. Fixes bug 291640. See Git commit 44b8e12.
- Drag and drop: Adjust the destination if the item is no directory or desktop-file. Fixes bug 293511. See Git commit 13d975a.
- Details view: Draw parent-branches. Fixes bug 290276. See Git commit e505c3a.
- Folders Panel: Use the whole width as selection region. Fixes bug 294111. See Git commit 98d98f7.
- Prevent showing tooltips when dragging items into another Dolphin window. Fixes bug 294533. See Git commit 72fe031.
- Don't crash when switching to the details-view when specific roles are visible. Fixes bug 294531. See Git commit abd23c2.
- Fix "kopete does not save passwords correctly if it contains symbols". Fixes bug 165308. See SVN commit 1281264.
- Prevent warning messages "KXMLGUIClient::~KXMLGUIClient: 0x1605120 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes." See SVN commit 1283135.
- Do not add unnamed groups to contact list. See SVN commit 1282202.
- NowListening plugin: do not show song info when player is in pause state. See SVN commit 1282203.
- Modify Yahoo login URL to correctly encode username and password. Fixes bug 165308. See SVN commit 1281264.
- Don't reset box widget size on copy/paste (see comment #8). Fixes bug 70925. See SVN commit 1273986.
- PHP5 code generation: Don't create illegal tag without any parameter. Fixes bug 155382. See SVN commit 1279522.
- Don't move classes in sub-packages to top level packages on edit. Fixes bug 174184. See SVN commit 1279523.
- Don't crash when clicking on / trying to move datatype in diagram. Fixes bug 202410. See SVN commit 1280135.
- Fix crash importing Java code with variable length parameters. Fixes bug 230770. See SVN commit 1279959.
- Allow unchecking of "Show Public Only". Fixes bug 242545. See SVN commit 1280148.
- Don't crash on drawing Containment in wrong direction. Fixes bug 271243. See SVN commit 1280794.
- Reduce gratuitous warnings on loading project file. Fixes bug 283744. See SVN commits 1279111, 1279514, 1279515 and 1280354.
- Don't crash on copy/paste. Fixes bugs 287179, 280770, 262842, 286449, 274265, 275372, 241915, 257410 and 257584. See SVN commit 1273902.
- Fix copy/paste of elements in activity and state diagrams. Fixes bug 291557. See SVN commit 1273895.
- Don't create many 'new_package_xx' packages on file loading. Fixes bug 291159. See SVN commit 1282856.
- Fix crash on importing templated java source code. Fixes bug 293770. See SVN commit 1279716.
- Fix adding keys to groups in group editor. See Git commit 622ecfc.
- Fix crashes deep in Qt model code, often happening when more than one key group was defined. Fixes bugs 254090 and 294097. See Git commits c12a848 and 751c405.
- Do not overwrite keyserver search string when importing keys. See Git commit e20a07f.
- Fix compilation in Solaris. Fixes bug 291912. See Git commit e9b303a.
- Fix some maps not being correctly installed. Fixes bug 293538. See Git commit 266cb4d.
- Fix issue in Azerbaijan map. See Git commit b4aa039.
- Fix issue in Dominican Republic map. See Git commit 0114843.
- Fix issue in Great Britain map. See Git commit 596faff.
- Fix issue in Greece map. See Git commit 72fe6df.
- Fix issue in Haryana map. See Git commit ff19dd9.
- Fix issue in New Zealand map. See Git commit e5be5a9.
- Fix issue in Peru map. See Git commit e85a01f.
- Fix issue in Spain map. See Git commit 751b99f.
- Fix issue in Philippines map. See Git commit 3abf2d8.
- Fix issue in Sudan map. See Git commit cca78ad.
- Fix issue in Iran map. See Git commit ee3c890.
- Fix issue in Manipur map. See Git commit a15c095.
- Fix issue in Ecuador map. See Git commit 4d5b30d.
- Fix crashes. Fixes bugs 293193, 293290 and 293360. See Git commit c55b943.
- Fix errors when creating default calendar resources. Fixes bug 293208. See Git commit 8b8890c.
- Automatically disable duplicated calendar resources. Fixes bug 293193. See Git commits fa29479 and cd37be5.
- Prevent duplicate prompts to update the format of new calendar resources. See Git commit 5f2bb19.
- Only give a choice of fully writable calendars for saving new alarms in. See Git commit c5735fa.
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: email@example.com