KDE 4.5.2 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.5.2
- Fix regression with extracting zip files (e.g. plasmoid packages). Fixes bug 251192. See SVN commit 1171340.
- Fix crash in KSharedDataCache when using it after calling ::clear(). See SVN commit 1173903.
- Wait up to 10 seconds for KSharedDataCache to lock the cache instead of failing immediately if the lock can't be taken. See SVN commit 1176224.
- Fix possible corruption of a KSharedDataCache's index table if the very last page of the cache was in use during defragmentation. This could eventually lead to a crash or slowdown if KSharedDataCache noticed the corruption and regenerated. Possibly fixes bug 243573. See SVN commit 1180816.
- Use a more reliable check for a cache-in-use with an incompatible version. See SVN commit 1180816.
- Fix issue that an old preview might be shown in a tooltip. Fixes bug 250000. See SVN commit 1171568.
- Fix issue that tooltip-labels might get clipped. Fixes bug 241608. See SVN commit 1180692.
- Update the tab title when closing the second view in split view mode. See SVN commit 1177954.
- Fix the problem that parts of a file name are replaced by "..." although there is enough space available. Fixes bug 251121. See SVN commit 1179569.
- Make the lanczos shader use a fixed number of iterations in the loop. See SVN commit 1175024.
- Disable Lanczos filter while moving windows in Present Windows effect. See SVN commit 1176111.
- Don't set gl_TexCoord in the vertex shader when the fragment shader doesn't use it. See SVN commit 1178357.
- Add sanity check to Desktop Grid Effect in case of pager layout and only one desktop. See SVN commit 1169040.
- Desktops cannot be dragged into empty areas in Desktop Grid effect. Fixes bug 248817. See SVN commit 1169042.
- Block keyboard input during animations in Desktop Grid effect. Fixes bug 244813. See SVN commit 1169047.
- Update text shadow information whenever Tabs are added/removed in Aurorae theme engine. Fixes bug 248754. See SVN commit 1169086.
- Drop keyboard events while moving windows in Desktop Grid effect. Fixes bug 249325. See SVN commit 1169145.
- Exclude all transformed windows from Blur effect, fixes rendering issues with e.g. Magic Lamp effect. Fixes bug 243693. See SVN commit 1169158.
- Allow moving of "unmovable" windows to another desktio if Present Windows mode is used in Desktop Grid effect. Fixes bug 249337. See SVN commit 1169323.
- Fix window movment regression (e.g. Pack Windows functionality) in 4.5. Fixes bug 241049. See SVN commit 1169432.
- Add sanity checks for OpenGL limitations to Blur effect. See SVN commit 1179269.
- Fix non functional electric borders in Present Windows effect after closing a window. Fixes bug 200235. See SVN commit 1179522.
- Do not crash the print preview mode when the user tries to select an area. Fixes bug 249436. See SVN commit 1170081.
- Restore the sidebar visibility correctly after a file reload. Fixes bug 249345. See SVN commit 1171493.
- Workaround potential crash on some XPS files with some locales. See SVN commit 1173927.
- Fix crash when an unsupported encoding is selected in editor. Fixes bug 249260. See SVN commit 1169546.
- Key generation would create DSA/ElGamal key even if RSA was requested for languages where RSA is not translated as "RSA". See SVN commit 1173534.
- Properly handle subkeys with multiple usages (usually RSA subkeys). See SVN commit 1173545.
- Fix coordinate parsing of waypoints in .gpx files. Fixes bug 249632. See SVN commit 1170370.
- Hide now invalid route summary after clearing a route. Prevent am/pm from turning up in estimated travel duration. Fixes bug 250338. See SVN commit 1172219.
- Do not query gazetteer.openstreetmap.org anymore for searches. It will be offline or redirect to nominatim.openstreetmap.org soon and nominatim is included by Marble already. See SVN commit 1172281.
- Write xml that validates against http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd (gpx export). Fixes bug 251676. See SVN commit 1179820.
- Caches mimetypes of files being downloaded, makes the view more responsiv. See SVN commit 1170130.
- Adds and removes multiple transfers at once, speeding up the process. See SVN commits 1170590, 1173956, 1173957 and 1173963.
- Adds multiple transfers to the SQLHistory, drastically reducing the io operations. See SVN commit 1173959.
- Speeds up starting/stopping multiple transfers by not constantly rescheduling. See SVN commit 1179182.
- Fix "Nessie" to not clear out the wave underneath her when traveling from left to right. Noted and fixed by Ryan Meldrum. See SVN commit 1181097.
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org