KDE 4.3.3 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.3.3
- Make sure we return the names of the correct translators in KAboutData::translators(). Fixes bug 210530. See SVN commit 1037255.
- Ensure that *.doc files are recognized as msword files over remote protocols (smb, sftp, fish) as well. Fixes bug 204139. See SVN commit 1032366.
- Fix crash during concurrent access to KLocale's catalogs from multiple threads (take 2). Fixes bug 209712. See SVN commit 1032185.
- Fix invokeBrowser for the case where the configured webbrowser is a command with multiple arguments (kde-4.3.2 regression). Fixes bug 210529. See SVN commit 1035593.
- Honor the confirm overwrite flag in KFileDialog when called from Qt applications. See SVN commit 1035728.
- Fix file loss while moving a directory, when some files cannot be moved and are skipped (e.g. on disk full). Fixes bug 208418. See SVN commit 1031746.
- Remove error message shown when the user types a HTTP url in the file dialog. Fixes bug 197945. See SVN commit 1035523.
- Fix issues with detached tabs: Don't crash when opening a new tab in the detached window, and make sure that the current view profile is loaded for the detached window. Fixes bugs 203069 and 210686. See SVN commit 1036044.
- Fix crash when adding tab in a window created from a detached tab. Fixes bug 203069. See SVN commit 1036044.
- Speed up window resizing after a window reaches its minimum size. Fixes bug 183263. See SVN commit 1030474.
- Prevent jerkiness of the first two frames of the logout blur effect. See SVN commit 1030720.
- Prevent KWin from changing window opacities by itself. Fixes bug 209274. See SVN commit 1030835.
- Fix moving of fullscreen windows between Xinerama screens. Fixes bug 188827. See SVN commit 1030846.
- Speed up window resizing when using the rubber band mode. Fixes bug 181800. See SVN commit 1030922.
- Detect when programs change the no border hint in _MOTIF_WM_HINTS. Used by Chromium. Fixes bug 201523. See SVN commit 1030933.
- Select the correct desktop in the desktop grid effect when the user doesn't move the mouse before clicking. Fixes bug 207271. See SVN commit 1030941.
- Don't trigger the slideback effect when closing a window and the newly focused window isn't on the top of the stacking order. Fixes bug 196900. See SVN commit 1031355.
- Fix the invert effect. Fixes bug 212339. See SVN commit 1042535.
- Fixing the calculation of the illuminated fraction of the moon. Fixes bug 209646. See SVN commit 1032036.
- Fix incorrectly displayed parameters of objects in details dialog. See SVN commit 1032051.
- Using the keyboard to select a link in details dialog now works. See SVN commit 1039909.
- Fix issues with links in the details dialog in translated versions. See SVN commit 1039932.
- Disable 'New Alarm from Template' option when no alarm templates exist. See SVN commit 1041425.
- Improve error feedback when choosing a file to display. See SVN commit 1036844.
- Fix a translation problem in KAlarm. Fixes bug 209401. See SVN commit 1031368.
- Interpret '~' (i.e. home directory) properly in entered file names. See SVN commit 1037271.
- Fix crash when calendar formats are updated at login, during session restoration. Fixes bug 210552. See SVN commit 1035835.
- Update date-only alarm trigger times when user changes the start-of-day time. See SVN commit 1032499.
- Fix recurring date-only alarm triggering repeatedly and eating up CPU (depending on start of day time and time zone). See SVN commit 1032418.
- On first startup the columns in keymanager now have useful default widths. Fixes bug 192375. See SVN commit 1030866.
- When selecting keys to encrypt to make "select default key" shortcut work. See SVN commit 1040119.
- Work around crash on startup. Fixes bug 203497. See SVN commit 1040127.
- Properly handle non-ascii characters when creating or modifying keys. Fixes bug 211399. See SVN commit 1040201.
- Don't crash if inserting from empty clipboard. See SVN commit 1036158.
- Fix a possible crash on startup due to the /Player DBus object being created too early. Fixes bug 211755. See SVN commit 1042067.
- Fix a possible crash on shutdown due to the CoverManager being shutdown too early. Fixes bug 192371. See SVN commit 1042068.
- (Possibly) fix JuK skipping every other track on some Phonon backends. Patch provided by Kåre Särs. Fixes bug 204391. See SVN commit 1042537.
- Fix a 4.3.2 regression in diff parsing in case there are more deletions than insertions in a hunk (due to a typo in a bugfix). See SVN commit 1033955.
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: email@example.com