KDE 4.2.4 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.2.4
- Text files with accents in them, and without a known extension, weren't recognized as text files. Fixes bug 188355. See SVN commit 970853.
- Fix thread safety in KCatalog (for i18n() and QCoreApplication::translate()). Fixes bug 191122. See SVN commit 969775.
- Fix strcasestr detection for glibc-2.9. See SVN commit 963449.
- Implement compareDocumentPosition (DOM3 core, used by GWT). See SVN commit 962646.
- Split DOM tree versioning into multiple counters, so we can do less needless collection cache flushing. See SVN commit 962452.
- Fix line box tree corruption crashes that could occur after continuation merging. Fixes bugs 192380, 190350, 191027 and 192105. See SVN commit 971545.
- Don't allow special alignment values to percolate through tables even in strict mode, as it isn't Mozilla-compatible. Fixes bug 193093. See SVN commit 971652.
- Fix soft-hyphen rendering. Fixes bug 145335. See SVN commit 971657.
- Introduce a fuse for smooth scrolling, that will check if it missed the deadline many times in a row. See SVN commit 971646.
- Encode form elements in tree order even if they got moved around since registration. Fixes bug 158039. See SVN commit 963583.
- Fix buffer flickering to black for some opacity values nearing 1.0. See SVN commit 971656.
- When computing percentage height, extend the recurse-to-containing-block -when-size-is-auto quirk to apply to all objects, and not only to replaced elements. Fixes bug 158592. See SVN commit 971645.
- Include floats in computation of visible flow region. Fixes bug 172693. See SVN commit 971650.
- Improve behavior of clear button on form lineedits. Fixes bug 192663. See SVN commit 971648.
- Don't allow mix of percents and integers in functional-style color declarations since it is explicitly disallowed by CSS 2.1. Fixes bug 193434. See SVN commit 971651.
- Window::open arguments may also be split on syntactically meaningful whitespace - not just on commas. See SVN commit 971649.
- Fix crash on some extremely malformed CSS. See SVN commit 969195.
kdeedu [ homepage ] [ all SVN changes ]
- Fix crash when a country has less than 4 capitals to play with. See SVN commit 974130.
kdegames [ homepage ] [ all SVN changes ]
- FictionBook backend: implement <strikethrough> in <p> tags. See SVN commit 973223.
- PostScript backend: fix selection of pages when printing a range. Fixes bug 191223. See SVN commit 961995.
- In the bottom page counter, do not assume the document has max 9999 pages. See SVN commit 964592.
- Fix icon for the 'zoom' mode. Fixes bug 193770. See SVN commit 972331.
- Fix potential crash when constructing text annotations. Fixes bug 192293. See SVN commit 972754.
- ODT backend: read the font-style property of styles. Fixes bug 193916. See SVN commit 973214.
- ODT backend: give a more correct size for the pages. See SVN commit 973216.
- Allow users to reply to messages in the sent-mail folder again. Fixes bug 190105. See SVN commit 965028.
- Fix messages in UTF-16 being undeleteable with online IMAP and duplicating themselves with disconnected IMAP. See SVN commit 972821.
- Fix online IMAP only showing one mail on Windows. Fixes bug 190503. See SVN commit 960925.
- Make the folder list columns resizeable again. Fixes bugs 187175, 190230 and 190838. See SVN commits 967442, 967443, 967444 and 967478.
- Don't hide folders when the folder quick search was active when quitting. Fixes bug 187041. See SVN commit 972824.
- Fix incorrect status bar message when copying messages. Fixes bug 187553. See SVN commit 972825.
- Fix a regression that syncing a disconnected IMAP account was slow and used a lot of memory. Fixes bug 191753. See SVN commit 970924.
- Fix a crash with online IMAP filtering. Fixes bug 175584. See SVN commit 970512.
- Don't send mails in HTML if only the HTML toolbar was enabled, but no formatting being actually used. See SVN commit 964280.
- Fix a crash when refreshing the cache of a disconnected IMAP account. See SVN commit 967479.
- Fix system tray icon not reacting to folder configuration changes. See SVN commit 964282.
- Fix system tray icon being incorrectly shown when there were no unread messages. See SVN commit 964285.
- Some minor fixes for the folder selection dialog. See SVN commits 967470 and 967476.
- Some minor fixes for the subscription dialog. See SVN commits 964274 and 961010.
- Allow UTF-8 when sending from the command line. See SVN commit 970516.
- Fix incorrect spell checking status in the composer statusbar. See SVN commit 970517.
- Get rid of a bogus drag object when commenting on invitations. See SVN commit 970672.
- Don't allow HTML in invitation replies. See SVN commit 970739.
- Fix some bogus error messages when refreshing the cache of a disconnected IMAP account. See SVN commit 970741.
- Show alarms created by Import Birthdays as date-only in the alarm list. See SVN commit 972808.
- Fix crash on KAlarm exit. See SVN commit 971966.
- Fix crash if an alarm is open for editing when it triggers, and the edit is then saved. Fixes bug 193562. See SVN commit 971926.
- Fix crash on exit from birthday import dialog. Fixes bug 192612. See SVN commit 968121.
<h3 id="kdeutils"><a name="kdeutils">kdeutils</a><span class="allsvnchanges"> [ <a href="4_2_4/kdeutils.txt">all SVN changes</a> ]</span></h3> <div class="module" style="padding-left: 20px;"> <h4><a href="http://utils.kde.org/projects/kgpg" name="kgpg">KGpg</a></h4> <div class="product" style="padding-left: 20px;"> <em>Bugfixes:</em> <ul> <li class="bugfix ">Fixed a memleak in the options dialog. See SVN commit <a href="http://websvn.kde.org/?rev=962821&view=rev">962821</a>. </li> <li class="bugfix ">Make it work with GnuPG 2.0.10 and later. Fixes bug <a href="http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=188473">188473</a>. See SVN commit <a href="http://websvn.kde.org/?rev=973317&view=rev">973317</a>. </li> </ul> </div> </div>
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows, Haiku, and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: email@example.com