KDE 4.1.4 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.1.4
- Fix item not disappearing from the filemanager when renaming to a name that starts with a dot (hidden file). Fixes bug 164974. See SVN commit 889593.
- Fix infinite recursion and crash when the slot connected to newItems calls openUrl, like ktorrent's scanfolder plugin does. Fixes bug 174920. See SVN commit 889717.
- Fix crash in the "rename dialog" when resuming an aborted download. Fixes bug 135395. See SVN commit 889786.
- Fix toggling of hidden files on and off. Fixes bug 174788.
- Fix drag-n-drop from desktop icons into KDE3 applications. Fixes bugs 175910 and 179921. See SVN commit 890187.
- Fix crash when typing '*' in a file manager's treeview. Fixes bug 176555. See SVN commit 891650.
- Backport API additions so that the webarchiver plugin from extragear can compile against kdelibs-4.1.4. See SVN commit 906618.
- Many other bugfixes, too many to be listed here.
- Fix changes in filetype-application associations (adding or removing applications) not working (it would appear like it wasn't saved). Fixes bugs 164584 and 178560. See SVN commit 901205.
- Fix for user-created desktop files (for instance by typing a command in the "open with" dialog) not being usable on some distributions (depending on the vfolder setup). Fixes bug 178561. See SVN commit 901693.
- Fix kioexec not asking to upload anymore, after making changes to a remote file with a non-kio-enabled application. See SVN commit 882355.
- Many improvements in the automatic cleaning up of backtraces, to remove "(no debugging symbols found)" lines for instance. See SVN commit 889778.
- Fix crash when adding an application and the list shows "None" translated. Fixes bug 168934. See SVN commit 900427.
- Prevent nspluginscan from generating mimetypes with a leading newline character. The actual bug is in mplayerplug-in.so though, which doesn't implement NP_GetMIMEDescription properly. Fixes bug 178562. See SVN commit 901203.
- Printing improvements, including duplex printing and margins. See SVN commit 896270.
- Print to File for PDF, DVI, and DjVu documents. See SVN commit 897005.
- Comicbook backend: corrently identify CBR documents with .cbz extension, and the other way round. Fixes bug 174701. See SVN commits 882007 and 898355.
- PDF backend: make sure to print with the correct paper size. See SVN commit 885277.
- TIFF backend: scale down an image if it does fit into its page. Fixes bug 174447. See SVN commit 890789.
- Fix text search not find occurrences in 1-page documents. See SVN commit 890801.
- Hopefully fix the endless scrollbar resizing loop. Fixes bug 160628. See SVN commit 894428.
- Correctly toggle the "Show Menubar" menu action at startup. See SVN commits 894124 and 898743.
- Postscript backend: support gz- and bz2- compressed .eps documents. Fixes bug 177516. See SVN commit 896221.
- Fix annotations moving for documents with a non-zero orientation. Fixes bug 177598. See SVN commit 898293.
- Comicbook backend: recursively scan for images in CBZ archives. Fixes bug 178029. See SVN commit 899137.
kdepim [ homepage ] [ all SVN changes ]
- Distinguish disabled from enabled alarm colour when highlighted in alarm list. Fixes bug 177798. See SVN commit 897759.
- Fix toolbar settings being lost. See SVN commit 892193.
- Ensure alarm windows show on top of full-screen windows. Fixes bug 168962. See SVN commit 902298.
- Fix failure to update alarms in KOrganizer when Kontact is running but Kontact's calendar component is not loaded. Fixes bug 176759. See SVN commits 893626 and 895458.
- Fix invalid alarm remaining in calendar when pre-alarm action failure message is acknowledged before the alarm is deferred. See SVN commit 906260.
- Fix click on system tray icon not showing main window if 'Show in system tray' configuration setting deselected. See SVN commit 897380.
- Correctly recoginze the mimetype of attachments sent with KDE3. See SVN commit 880534.
- Fix potential mail loss when rebuilding the disconnected IMAP cache. See SVN commit 883016.
- Probably fix the problem with duplicated mails when using online IMAP with spam filtering. Fixes bug 95064. See SVN commit 883868.
- Don't show shortcuts for filters and folders in the shortcut dialog, since editing the shortcuts there doesn't work. See SVN commit 883869.
- Make adding subfolders in the folder selector dialog work again. See SVN commit 883871.
- Unify the look between receiving and sending accounts a bit. See SVN commits 883874 and 883876.
- Fix mail loss when using POP3 with spam filtering and the /tmp partition gets full. See SVN commit 884326.
- Don't show the add to addressbook button when a contact is already in the addressbook. Fixes bug 174332. See SVN commit 890865.
- Fix crash when the template quote indicator does not end with an underscore. Fixes bug 174268. See SVN commit 890868.
- Don't use deprecated spamassassin flags anymore. Fixes bug 140032. See SVN commit 890872.
- Fix possible crash when parsing the procmail file. Fixes bug 173964. See SVN commit 890876.
- Fix several encoding issues when inserting or attaching a file. Fixes bugs 88781 and 64815. See SVN commits 890879, 890882 and 890890.
- Make the questionbox that appears when not all characters in the composer are supported by the current encoding work correctly. Fixes bugs 149309 and 145163. See SVN commit 890881.
- Fix a crash when calling a D-Bus method with an incorrect parameter. See SVN commit 890891.
- Make the open in addressbook button work again. See SVN commit 893933.
- Fix a crash when using filters with online IMAP. See SVN commit 895059.
- Fix the GPG key selector dialog not finishing the search for the keys. Fixes bug 169563. See SVN commit 895194.
- Fix crash when finishing the account wizard. Fixes bug 174992. See SVN commit 890863.
- Fix crashing in templates when using the DNL code in certain conditions. Fixes bug 178038. See SVN commit 899969.
- Correctly apply the forward template when inline-forwarding messages with attachments. Fixes bugs 178128 and 146921. See SVN commits 899972 and 900344.
- Don't allow attachment deletion/editing in read-only folders. See SVN commit 899974.
- Fix crash when clicking on one of the invitation action links. See SVN commit 899975.
- Fix a crash with disconnected IMAP when syncing flags from a server while we have a search folder that has a search rule which needs the complete body. Fixes bug 106030. See SVN commit 904948.
- Also detect messages with X-Priority == 1 as urgent. See SVN commit 904951.
- Don't freeze when editing an outgoing account in certain situations. Fixes bug 170728. See SVN commit 905542.
kdeutils [ homepage ] [ all SVN changes ]
- Do not delete text in editor if passphrase dialog is canceled. See SVN commit 884986.
- Don't ask to save an empty text in editor. Fixes bug 173405. See SVN commit 891312.
- Save sort column and order of keymanager window. See SVN commit 892292.
- Make search the default action in keyserver dialog instead of close. Fixes bug 179322. See SVN commit 906027.
kdeedu [ homepage ] [ all SVN changes ]
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows and Mac OS X.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org