KDE 4.0.4 Changelog
Changes in KDE 4.0.4
- Make KAnimatedButton (used for e.g. Konqueror cogwheel) cache and reuse pixmaps for every frame, to avoid Qt keeping hundreds of duplicates of each in the global pixmap cache, reducing X pixmap usage considerably. See SVN commit 793672.
- Rework our form widgets' baselines to align on the text content, rather than on the widget boundaries. See SVN commit 799845.
- Improve CSS3 UI cursor support. See SVN commit 794168.
- Support DOM3 wholeText and replaceWholeText(). See SVN commit 799256.
- Optimized implementation of textarea's setText for common case where new content begins with a substring of the old content. See SVN commit 799843.
- Rework the tracking of stylesheets' loaded state, preventing it from losing synchronization in some cases involving @import. Fixes bug 155493. See SVN commit 793180.
- Properly close DOM-created nodes. Fixes CNN.com election tracker, and 3 Acid3 tests. See SVN commit 792683.
- Make searching within textareas work again. See SVN commit 794973.
- Fix accesskey activation, and autoscroll suspension. See SVN commit 794169.
- Make vertical alignment of inline-tables and inline-blocks comply with requirements of CSS 2.1 - 10.8.1. See SVN commit 799842.
- Fix absolutely positioned static elements being misplaced and drawn on top of the border when they are the only child of a block. See SVN commit 799844.
- Fix solving of percentage height for positioned elements, in light of the nota bene in CSS 2.1-10.5. Satisfyingly, the same code path can also be used to solve percentage intrinsic height (10.6.2) Fixes bug 160371. See SVN commit 799846.
- Fix some errors in the implicit height code, that wasn't converting to content height. See SVN commit 799846.
- Make sure we always use the padding edge when calculating the width of a positioned object's containing block. Fixes bug 137606. See SVN commit 799848.
- Fix createDocument() to work as specified in DOM Level 2: Use the user-supplied doctype and set its Node.ownerDocument attribute to the document being created. See SVN commit 793896.
- Properly update currentTarget for events in capture phase. See SVN commit 792734.
- Fix handling of events with custom names. Fixes bug 133887. See SVN commit 800710.
- Fix update of :empty pseudo-class when text content changes. See SVN commit 799272.
- Properly fall back to alternate content when doing delayed part creation due to needing to lookup the mimetype. See SVN commit 794519.
- Fix handling of data: URLs in object/embed nests. See SVN commit 792682.
- Fix return value of replaceChild in the ES bindings. See SVN commit 791907.
- Fix up the full-blown Attr codes to properly take care of their kids. See SVN commit 791908.
- Rework sizing of textarea so that it works in all styles. See SVN commit 799843.
- Fix a bug in cost accounting in the tile caches. See SVN commit 794790.
- Don't crash when dispatching some mouse events on documents created via createDocument(). See SVN commit 799153.
- Correctly enable the "Print" menu action. Fixes bug 160173. See SVN commit 792339.
- Return the correct tooltip after the title of a bookmark is edited. Fixes bug 160189. See SVN commit 792389.
- Update accordingly when a bookmark for the currently open document is removed. Fixes bug 160190. See SVN commit 792392.
- Do not consider annotation comments as potentially rich text. Fixes bug 160306. See SVN commit 793231.
- Do not construct highlight annotations with no text inside. Fixes bug 160502. See SVN commit 794918.
- Do not end up in an infinite loop trying to get the best size. Fixes bug 160628. See SVN commit 795884.
- Do not unexpectly switch to the following page when setting a new page via click on link in presentation mode (make the page view smarter in detecting events). See SVN commit 797550.
- Small HIG fixes in the annotation properties dialog. See SVN commit 798697.
- Comicbook backend: correctly free the resources when closing a document, so we do not crash when opening particular sequences of comicbooks (eg cbz -> cbr -> cbz). See SVN commit 798869.
- ODT, FictionBook and Plucker backends: clear document information and TOC, so opening a new document does not show possible information of the previous. See SVN commits 798891, 798892, 798898 and 799078.
- Calculate correctly the amount of memory, so the preloading should work again. Fixes bug 153675. See SVN commit 801781.
- Fix shellcmdplugins and remoteencoding plugins. Make it work with dolphinpart. See SVN commit 797245.
- Unbreak suspend/hibernate on logout (rh#442559). See SVN commit 800176.
- Clicking on tray icon hides/show application. See SVN commit 800238.
- Use KDE username in KScoreDialog if no default is provided. See SVN commit 802171.
- Allow negative scores in KScoreDialog. See SVN commit 802175.
- Correctly use the last used username in KScoreDialog. See SVN commit 802177.
- Provide an 'Ok' button in KScoreDialog to confirm name entry. Fixes bug 157973. See SVN commit 802177.
- Create a user writable directory for chat style installation if none exists yet to enable installation of custom chat styles. Fixes bug 160590. See SVN commit 798901.
- Ensure that the text input field has focus in the chat window so that e.g. pasting text always works when the chat window has focus. Fixes bug 158371. See SVN commit 799085.
- Enable optional saving of a password before connecting. This way the repeated questions for a password (if set incorrectly in the configuration dialog) can be avoided as well. Fixes bug 157697. See SVN commit 799108.
- Fix the latex script for dash based systems (like *buntu). Fixes bug 135997. See SVN commit 799199.
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org