KDE 3.2 to 3.2.1 Changelog
This page tries to present as much as possible of the problem corrections that occurred in KDE between the 3.2 and 3.2.1 releases.
- Improve suggestions given when in the rename dialog shown when copying/moving files (#59796)
- Progress dialog: large files (>4GB) fixes; make "keep open" work again
- Progress dialog (all in one): don't block logging out from KDE
- KIO: Preserve file premissions when copying from remote protocols that support listing (#74593)
- KIO: Give again the choice to overwrite when moving/renaming files (#73095, #73379)
- KIO: Make 'overwrite' ask only once for a given dir (when moving a directory with subdirs)
- KSystemTray: if the mainwindow is minimized or not on the current desktop, clicking will show it instead of hiding
- KLocale: fixing support for YY aka %y (#73693)
- KDatePicker: fixing layout of close button
- KatePart: fixed broken "replace from cursor"
- KatePart: fixed some redraw problems (no artefacts while scrolling)
- Don't let knotify start aRts if aRts is disabled in its kcontrol module.
- kdeprint: Added check for print file names given by the rename dialog (#68399)
- KHTML: fix crash in parsing weird pages (#73112)
- KHTML: fixing support for clear:both (#68068)
- KHTML: better support for DOM Test Suite
- KHTML: fix Heirmenus
- KHTML: fix animated GIFs not looping (#72953)
- KHTML: fix crash in style changes (#73311)
- KHTML: don't recurse when printing (#72775)
- KHTML: use content, not viewport coordinates for server side image maps (#59701)
- KHTML: fixing overflow content (#59701)
- KHTML: fix repainting logic to optimize for reduced X server load and minimum CPU (#72575)
- KHTML: Reduce window.
to forms, images and applets, like document. (#71363)
- KHTML: restore KDE 3.1 behavior of <font size=-1> (#73500)
- KHTML: update frame sizes before returning value for innerWidth/innerHeight, in case the window was just resized (#73528)
- KHTML: return attribute names in lowercase in compatibility mode (DOM L2/L3)
- KHTML: fixing insertRow for tables without tbody (#74125)
- KHTML: implementing TreeWalkerImp
- KHTML: fixing attributes for repeated body elements (#74329)
- KHTML: implement support for pageX/pageY. fix layerX/layerY (#74718, #70290)
- KHTML: Activate merged alternate code path for inline boxes construction/painting (#40776, #45548, #56814, ...)
- KHTML: implementing incremental XML parsing
- KHTML: fix detection of the selector (#73214)
- KHTML: implementing CSSStyleDeclarationImpl (#26311)
- KHTML: skip pseudo styles when updating anonymous blocks'style (#73978)
- KHTML: fixing pure punctuation/single letter text childs (#70546)
- KHTML: fixing user-defined stylesheets (#69697)
- KHTML: fixing mixed block/inline content (#73573)
- KHTML: fixing relayouting of childs with floats (#71445)
- KHTML: respect padding and borders on cnn.com (#65788)
- KHTML: treat xhtml transitional that way (#76449)
- KHTML: enhanced border drawing code for dotted and dashed lines (#62296)
- KHTML: fixing handling of <nobr>
- KJS: fixed crash on NaN toString() conversion with a radix (#75830)
- KJS: accept 'const' as a synonym for 'var' (#73040)
- Konqueror webarchiver plugin: webarchiver didn't get images for XHTML pages (#61358)
- Konqueror webarchiver plugin: including original URL in .war archives (#35130)
- Plastik: fixed toolbar repaints lagging behind window frame (#72203)
- Plastik: fixed small tab bar rendering problem in Konqueror (#73258)
- Plastik: fixed crash while filling table in kopete (#74604)
- Plastik: fixed wrong menu separator line width (#76269)
- Plastik: change visited link color so visited links can be easier distinguished from non-visited ones
- Window decoration System++: ported to the new kwin api
- Konqueror: fixed "Create Folder..." not available in sidebar dirtree when starting with a profile
- Konqueror: fixed crashes related to the "Find files" functionality
- Konqueror: fixed case-sensitive sorting, wasn't working for most locale settings
- Konqueror: make it possible to paste files using the mouse into listviews when no free area is left (#68975)
- Konqueror: make different users in smb:/ not ask password for every dir change (#68893)
- Konqueror: don't disable "Toggle selection" if no files are selected
- Konqueror: don't show 'link view' checkbox when there's only one view + sidebar, and other related fixes
- Konqueror: Fixed tab navigation for right-to-left locales (#62755)
- Konqueror: Fixed synchronisation problem when tabs were moved (#70432)
- Konqueror: Show newly fetched url images in tabs (#71026)
- Konqueror: Added setting to let popups ignore "open in tab instead of window" ("[FMSettings] PopupsWithinTabs=false")
- Konqueror: "Go/Applications" now calls "programs:/" slave
- Konqueror: Linking checkbox did not redraw when unchecking (#74822)
- kdeprintfax: fixed crash happening after sending the fax
- KWin: improved detection of windows belonging together, fixing some stacking and focus stealing prevention problems
- KWin: windows kept below others no longer affect smart placement
- KWin: obey requests to go fullscreen even from applications with maximum size set (#73509)
- KWin: keeping windows in workarea is not so strict (#74057, #74555)
- KWin: return focus to previously active window when hover unshaded window is shaded again (#75302)
- Klipper: fixed problem with Klipper sometimes not reading new clipboard contents (#59187)
- Kate: fixed problems with session restore (restoring the documents and windows now works correct)
- khelpcenter : improve startup time for systems with info pages (#62097)
- Kicker: Don't start menu entry in K menu when right clicking it (#4229)
- KControl: No default for possible destructive "Logout without Confirmation" shortcut
- KSplash: Updated locolor splash to KDE 3.2 version (#74919)
- Konsole: Made sending of master input to added session working (#73695)
- Konsole: Fixed dynamic toolbar hiding initialization (#75638)
- Konsole: Handle schemas with absolute paths (#73997)
- Konsole: Fixed crash with --noscrollbar (#74152)
- Konsole: Settings/keyboard entries are now sorted (#74269)
- Konsole: Ctrl-C killed konsole window, not processes running in shell (#73226)
- KHotKeys: Included actions with Konqueror mouse gestures.
- KBruch: removed some warnings showing up on the shell
- KBruch: the check task button is now the default button
- KStars: Several INDI Telescope control fixes, including a crash condition
- KStars: Patch from Leo Savernik that fixes "--enable-final" for all non-INDI code.
- KStars: Fixed Empty category lists in Find Dialog (#73905)
- KStars: Fixed "Unknown" image types in Export Image dialog (#72788)
- KStars: Fixed error in rendering Greek letters (#72900)
- KStars: Fixed bug when precessing coordinates from epoch B1950.0
- KAsteroids: Fix crash when both shield and ship hit powerup at same time. (#69324)
- KAtomix: Fix molecule in level 68
- KMahjongg: Restore removed tiles when loading a saved game (#73944)
- KWin4: Fix alpha issues in images with Qt 3.3 (#71317)
- Compilation fixes on Ktron, KPatience and libksirtet.
- KSVG: fixed crash when creating a new Konqueror tab while viewing an SVG file (#74844)
- KMix: Properly save volumes on exit so volumes are correctly restored on next login.
- Noatun: remember last equalizer setting.
- KAudioCreator: Fixed broken relitive path option.
- KAudioCreator: Fixed cursor flickering.
- KNewsTicker: Removed BSDtoday from list, fixed addresses of SecurityFocus and Freshports
- Kopete: disable send button when account goes offline while a chat is open (#74562)
- Kopete: allow renaming of groups inline, like we already do for contact (#71321)
- Kopete: fixed redraw bug in contactlist when scrollbar disappears (#69121)
- Kopete: rearrange icq account dialog to make it fit onto 800x600 (#74238)
- Kopete: don't add contacts twice to contaclist (#62607)
- Kopete: fixed "Add Contact Wizard" forgetting contactname and KAB contact when going backwards (#75128)
- Kopete: choose preferred contact by online status for starting a chat (#75054)
- Kopete: don't parse links inside HTML tags (#65909)
- Kopete: stop jabber icon animation when connecting failed
- Kopete: properly exit Kopete when chatwindows are open on exit (#71657)
- Kopete: fix several possiblities where icq/aim accounts are show offline although they are online (#61223)
- Kopete: don't get disconnected on sending long AIM messages (#71195)
- Kopete: fixed crashes when deleting contacts already deleted from the contactlist (#74950)
- Kopete: fix crash on exit caused by webpresence plugin (#73677)
- Kopete: don't show kopete balloon on incoming messages while being away (#73392)
- Kopete: add support for timestamps including date and timestamps with no date if it's a message from today (#71818)
- WiFi: improved ./configure behaviour which kept some distributions from including kdenetwork/wifi in their binary packages
- KWiFiManager: system tray remains open when main app is closed or minimized
- KAlarm: Fix freeze at login
- KAlarm: Fix alarms being missed at login
- KAlarm: Fix memory leaks
- KAlarm: Fix errors saving the expired alarms calendar
- KAlarm: Fix scheduleCommand() and scheduleEmail() DCOP handling
- KAlarm: Prevent email alarms from being sent if no 'From' address is configured (#74525)
- KAlarm: Omit 'Bcc' when sending email alarms if no 'Bcc' address is configured
- KAlarm: Sound file chooser dialog now shows all audio file types
- KMail: Don't save messages to disk with world-readable permissions set by default.
- KMail: Fix bug #69418 (filters don't work anymore as in 3.1.4)
- KMail: Fix bug #73307 (Expire on exit does not work if confirmation is enabled)
- KMail: Fix 'Copy Link Location' in a detached reader.
- KMail: Fix bug #73310 (sending a new mail while forgetting the receiver and/or the subject the composing window is minimized and hidden)
- KMail: Fix bug #73602 (Message body lines starting with "From " are incorrectly parsed as message seperator in mbox folders)
- KMail: Fix bug #72808 (reply to myself is broken / empty To: address field)
- KMail: Fix bug #62919 (reply all should not use From when ReplyTo is set (except for mailing list messages))
- KMail: If one uses reply-all for replying to a message from oneself then now the first other recipient is added to To:; previously To: was empty because the own address (which was the sender address) is removed from the list of recipients and all other recipients were listed in the Cc: header.
- KMail: Fix bug #73527 (filter-Window is switch in the background when "rename filter"-Dialog appears. (just within Kontact))
- KMail: Correct the sizes shown in the message structure viewer for IMAP messages.
- KMail: Fix critical bug #71866 (conversion of pop filter settings dangerous)
- KMail: Fix critical bug which caused whole IMAP folders to be deleted when messages were filtered through spamc or other external applications.
- KMail: Fix a crash during startup with invalid IMAP folders.
- KMail: Fix bug #74272 (Cannot subscribe to cyrus imap "sharedprefix" folders)
- KMail: Don't activate reader window on kmail --check.
- KMail: Fix saving of multipart/signed message parts inside multipart/mixed message parts.
- KMail: Don't disable sign/encrypt if we're using S/MIME and no OpenPGP key has been specified for this identity.
- KMail: Fix bug #74591 (kmail crashes after retrieving imap folders)
- KMail: Fix bug #74380 (Change of the account symbolic name caused loss of the sent and drafts folders)
- KMail: Fix bug #70558 (IDN domains are shown ACE-encoded in the statusbar)
- KMail: Fix problems with changed sort order after arrival of new mail or closing config dialog.
- KMail: Fix bug #75024 (search for
or also returns read emails)
- KMail: Fix bug #70459 (Keyboard shortcuts for Forward, etc. don't work in Kontact after another component has been selected)
- KMail: Fix signature creation time validation. Visible bug was that for signatures made in January, the printing of the creation time was suppressed.
- KMail: Fix passive popup placement and taskbar flashing of new mail notification in Kontact (#67017)
- KMail: Fix bug #75983 (moved IMAP messages lose attachments)
- KNode: Prevent unnecessary wallet openings when closing KNode (#73937)
- Umbrello: code generation does not ignore output directory anymore (#73042)
- Umbrello: creating new states from context menu in state diagram is not broken anymore (73277)
- Umbrello: changing the name of a state doesn't cause it to be drawn in bold anymore (73278)
- Umbrello: not unable to change the specification of an operation anymore (73926)
- Umbrello: fixed problems while moving floating text block of role belonging to association
- Umbrello: fixed a lot of internal problems in code generation, association handling
- Umbrello: fixed XMI loading
- Cervisia: prevent crash when activating the create tag/branch action while embedded into Quanta (#70936)
- KWeather: updated / corrected list of weather stations (#70746)
- KCalc: "<" and ">" keypress on some systems wrong (#75555)
- KCalc: Pasting empty clipboard made kcalc crash (#73437)
- KCalc: Fix paste-function: Pasting e.g. "123 \n" did not work because of the trailing spaces and CarriageReturn.
- KGpg: Fixed popup never disappearing when wrong passphrase entered (#73913)
- KGpg: Fixed wrong extension for temp files in folder archiving (#74077)
- KGpg: Fixed Photo size not translated (#74333)
- KGpg: Enable auto import of missing keys when using a non english language (#74873)
- KGpg: Comments exported inside public key should be fixed (#75440)
- KGpg: Fix focus problems causing dialogs to appear behind konqueror (#69519)
- KGpg: Re-added Keyserver dialog in the applet popup menu (#75400)
- KGpg: Save editor's window size (#74377)
- KGpg: Fix import of keys dropped into the editor
- KBytesEdit part: Fixed support for mousedriven wordwise selection
- KBytesEdit part: Fixed internal drag'n'drop
- VPL: fix editing in the attribute editor of tags which contain special areas
- VPL: show the parent tag in the tag attribute view when editing text
- VPL: put messageBoxes for cut/copy/paste/undo/redo instead of disabling the actions (was confusing) (#73366)
- VPL: stop inserting non-breaking space everywhere (#72535)
- VPL: fix some various crashes (#72532)
- fix the slow typing problem (#63000 and its duplicates)
- don't crash on upload if the current tab holds a plugin (#72912)
- don't crash the CSS editor on invalid CSS
- don't crash the table editor on invalid nested tables
- don't crash the table editor when invoked on a table without <tbody>
- don't crash when setting table/body/header/footer attributes for newly created tables (#74949)
- don't crash when trying to drag the No Project text in the project tree
- fix crash when clicking on an item of the structure tree which pointed to an included file
- increase timeout for network operations to 60s (#73173)
- don't try to copy the same file twice if it's dropped to the templates tree view
- don't let the attribute tree to grow if the tag name is very long
- make insertion and renaming in the project tree view work as expected
- improve the usability and behavior of the different treeviews
- fix opening of documentation pages with references (#70345)
- always enable the Open and Open Project buttons
- creation of templates directory failed in some cases when using the new project wizard
- fix creation of project when the main directory starts with a protocol name
- fix creation of remote projects (#73172)
- fix saving of files with fish:// (#74716)
- make the spellchecker actually replace the wrongly spelled words (#75106)
- make the New Project wizard usable on lower resolutions (#75192)
- don't switch to the parent node when clicking on a node in the structure tree and Follow Cursor is enabled (#75332)
- faster startup and less memory used
- better namespace support in autocompletion
- various parsing fixes
- IMPROVED - Much improved KDevelop User Manual.
- IMPROVED - C++ parser twice as fast and more memory efficient.
- IMPROVED - Faster/lighter configuration dialogs - the heaviest pages are now demand-loaded.
- IMPROVED - FileGroups plugin now smarter at applying regexps - much faster for common group definitions (#72831)
- IMPROVED - Removed performance bottleneck that made the initial parsing of a project very slow. (refer to #73671)
- IMPROVED - KCModule Template to use KDE 3.0 API and KGenericFactory.
- IMPROVED - Make source files generated with appwizard honor the selected file templates.
- IMPROVED - Clanlib documentation
- IMPROVED - Project templates by ignoring irrelevant documentation and other small fixes.
- IMPROVED - Configuration script now allows to disable the compilation of certain KDevelop parts.
- ADDED - A new "Simple Designer based KDE application" template was added.
- ADDED - SearchText in QEditor
- ADDED - Possibility to change fontsize in documentation browser.
- FIXED - The infamous "Gentoo-crash" finally found and fixed. (#73346)
- FIXED - Make Haskell language support work again
- FIXED - Debugger plugin: "Clear all breakpoints"
- FIXED - Grep plugin: Don't sometimes crash when interrupting a find while a build is running.
- FIXED - Grep plugin: Don't confuse files with very similar filenames and avoid potentially slow O(n) lookup.
- FIXED - Grep plugin: Don't show garbage hits - clean up after a previous interrupted run.
- FIXED - A case where unsaved files aren't queried for saving when KDevelop is closed.
- FIXED - A case where a running program that produced a lot of debug output could crash KDevelop (#67217, #71858)
- FIXED - #58999 : Debugger will not start (libtool issue)
- FIXED - #62888 : Back and forward buttons available in context menu.
- FIXED - #69035 : Run Options not honored (custom makefiles)
- FIXED - #70175 : Problems on minimum wxWindows version test.
- FIXED - #70176 : wxWindows apptemplate broke compilation with Unicode compiled wxWindows
- FIXED - #71003 : Cannot translate project due to srcdir != builddir.
- FIXED - #72502 : Kdevelop crashes when closing multiple files via Keyboard
- FIXED - #72523 : Grep dialog doesn't prepopulate with selected text.
- FIXED - #72552 : Unsaved changes icon disappears even if save could not be performed.
- FIXED - #72582 : Crashes while loading plugins after unloading plugins.
- FIXED - #73025 : expand text (ctrl+J) crashes kdevelop.
- FIXED - #73039 : cvs tools may crash kdevelop.
- FIXED - #73045 : switching docks when no file is loaded crash kdevelop.
- FIXED - #73116 : Kdevelop crashes when typing a dot at the end of a comment.
- FIXED - #73467 : Incomplete make clean for parts/appwizard/common.
- FIXED - #73567 : Use -u instead of -u3 since it is obsoleted.
- FIXED - #73672 : kdevelop looks weird after previewing forms in KUIViewer.
- FIXED - #73716 : close all in context menu with two changed documents doesn't respond to cancel properly.
- FIXED - #74955 : Crash when working with Java ant projects.
- FIXED - #74650 : Drop-down lists of toolbar combo views don't appear with UI effects on.
- FIXED - #74712 : Automake 1.8.x not supported.
- FIXED - #74585 : Unable to debug Hello World C++ program.
- FIXED - Lots of other small things we've forgotten...
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org