KDE 3.0 to 3.0.1 Changelog
This page tries to present as much as possible of the problem corrections that occurred in KDE between the 3.0 and 3.0.1 releases.
- Build fixes.
- dcop: dcopfind can launch the app if not already there.
- kabc: Fix import of kde2 addressbooks, in case the libkab addressbook doesn't exist.
- kabc: Use KSaveFile for saving vcards, to avoid trashed files when the disk becomes full.
- kate: fixed several segfaults.
- khtml: Allow to search for regexps independent of kregexpeditor installed.
- khtml: Various crashes and rendering problems fixed.
- khtml: Support for literal parsing of html tags in <title> tags
- khtml: Java embedding race situation fixed.
- kio: Improve cache-handling of pages and its embedded objects.
- kfile: Better keyboard handling support.
- kfile: Added direct access to the floppy in the Filedialog.
- kfile: Fixed lan browsing / smb file selection
- http ioslave: the Accept-Charset request header has been fixed.
- http ioslave: the default User-Agent string has been simplified.
- http ioslave: fix http authentication over proxied ssl connections.
- http ioslave: only do persistent connections for GET requests.
- http ioslave: Properly detect premature loss of connection.
- http ioslave: Don't send referrer for anything but http/https/webdav/webdavs
- kthemestyle: Use the proper font for menubar entries.
- kthemestyle: Improve handling of patterned backgrounds.
- kio: improved support for case-insensitive filesystems (FAT).
- kdirwatch: various bugs in the FAM support have been fixed.
- kab: has been deprecated and its documentation removed.
- kssl: various ssl related fixes.
- kjs: another fix for a rare crash in the garbage collector.
- kjs: improved regexp support.
- kjs: fixes in Date object and some global properties and functions
- KConfig: make it react properly to language changes.
- K*Socket: various bugs have been fixed.
- KUniqueApplication: Use proper pid for not-so-unique processes.
- KDatePicker: various fixes.
- KPrinter: fix crash in wizard when testing a printer.
- kdesu: getpeereid() support added.
- kaction: fix accidental event duplication.
- kaction: make action->setShortcut( KShortcut() ); work.
- klistview: improved "full-width column" support.
- lilo-config: fixed crash.
- kcmlinuz: Fixed internationalisation.
- i18n fix for kcontrol module.
- KFind: Allow to search for 0 byte files, fixed general size search.
- KFind: Don't show directories when searching for executable files.
- Kicker: Don't lose system tray entries sometimes when Kicker restarts.
- Kicker: Hide/show all detailed menu entries when configuration changes.
- Kicker: Grave memory leak in Quick Browser fixed.
- Konqueror: Don't crash in some cases when a kpart exits.
- Konsole: Fixed support for "screen".
- Konsole: Drag and Drop: shellQuote single remote file.
- Konsole: Scrolllock only reacts to Key_ScrollLock, not Ctrl-S.
- Konsole: Shift-MMB now pastes for mouse-aware applications.
- Konsole: Doesn't show terminal size hint at startup.
- Konsole: Selection fixes, xterm-like behavior.
- Konsole: Session editor makes "Apply" active.
- kcontrol: Fixes for RTL layouts.
- khelpcenter: RTL fixes.
- audiocd ioslave: Improved *BSD support
- man ioslave: Improved *BSD support
- smtp ioslave: Fixing SMTP AUTH with TLS for various SMTP server configurations.
- smtp ioslave: Fixing sending of SMTP AUTH PLAIN for servers that expect non-dialog form authentication.
- klipper: Disabled synchronizing contents of the clipboard and the selection.
- kbookmarkeditor: Fixes for running multiple instances.
- Many compile and binding fixes.
- KuickShow: Printing fixes.
- KuickShow: Allow switching between different directory views.
- KuickShow: Fixed wrong sorting of files in one rare case.
- Fix save and restore of address book dialog.
- kmail: Disable editing of header field combobox for IMAP folders in the search dialog.
- kmail: Fix the problem where selecting another folder would reset the header field values when not one of the predefined ones.
- kmail: Search case-insensitively for headers.
- kmail: Remove newlines from pasted text in header fields.
- kmail: Recode also the headers, when the charset of an already existing mail is changed manually.
- kmail: Restore unencrypted/unsigned message text also for msgs withattachments which are opened in the composer for editting and fix #41102.
- kmail: Don't ask if the message should be encrypted if the user didn't specify.
- kmail: Improved behaviour of sign/encrypt actions if identity is changed because this prevents users from trying to encrypt a message without having set a OpenPGP identity which will fail if the user set 'encrypt to self'.
- kmail: Correctly handle errors during decryption, i.e. don't use GnuPG's output.
- kmail: Fix for Bug #40075.
- kmail: Don't show the 'PGP message' color bar message if the message doesn't contain a valid OpenPGP block.
- kmail: Don't switch the current mail back to the top when a new mail arrives in the current folder.
- kmail: Bug #39796: Copying address to clipboard fails to set selection.
- kmail: Don't rfc2047-encode the @ in addr-specs.
- kmail: Partial fix for "KMail puts rfc2231 encoded parameter values into DQUOTES".
- kmail: Fix Bug #39328: Moving IMAP mail between different IMAP-accounts.
- kmail: Handle spaces at line breaks between encoded and unencoded words correctely in RFC2047 encoding.
- kmail: Fix an address parsing bug.
- kmail: Use User-Agent, not X-Mailer as header field.
- kmail: Don't eat in some cases the whole folder, when moving messages between IMAP folders.
- kmail: Bug #38809: Attachments lost using filters for forwarding.
- kmail: Fix "no stdin at execute filter".
- kmail: Don't crash when KRegExpEditor isn't installed.
- kmail: Make sure that the (regexp) "Edit" button is [dis|en]abled properly.
- kmail: Raise the progressbar in the status bar only when it's visible.
- kmail: Enhanced lock file handling (global KMail lock).
- kmail: Save and restore size of the address book dialog.
- kmail: Don't fail to save attachments > 14MB completely.
- kmail: Fix a bug when creating a new identity as copy of the default.
- kmail: Harmonize range and default value of "wrap column". Fixes #39665.
- kpilot: fixed vcal (KOrganizer) conduit crashes.
- kpilot: subtle bugfixes in other conduits.
- KOrganizer: Fixed time shift problem with timezones different than UTC.
- KOrganizer: Fixed memory leaks of calendar loading and saving code.
- KOrganizer: A lot of other bugfixes.
- cvscheck: Fixed output for branched checkouts.
- cvslastchange: Fix diff output for first commit to a branch.
- kbabel: Many Bugfixes.
- kweather: i18n fixes.
- ark: Fixes for various crashes.
- ark: Many bugfixes.
- kcalc: Bugfixes.
- removed flickering in output view, highlight error messages.
- avoid that corrupted .kdevses files confuse KDevelop.
- fixed crash in class viewer.
- fixed view focus problem and appropriate crashes, does also concern to copy & paste problems of the previous version
- fixed translation of compiler messages in output view
- fixed names of project types in the project wizard list
- fixed missing newlines in Output toolview
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: email@example.com