KDE 2.1 to 2.1.1 Changelog
This page tries to present as much as possible of the problem corrections that occurred in KDE between the 2.1 and 2.1.1 releases. The primary goals of the 2.1.1 release being more complete documentation and translations, the amount of code change is quite minimal - only the most critical bugs have been fixed, the rest of the development is currently being done in the branch that will lead to the 2.2 release.
- Fixed Chinese support (GBK/GB2312)
- New language: Lithuanian
- Many improvements to translations, documentation and icons
- Removed old support for problematic "kdefonts" file
- Security: don't store typed passwords in the completion/history
- KHTML: Support for layers
- KHTML: Middle-mouse button opens URL copied to clipboard
- KHTML: Fix for "Find text" not able to switch frames
- KHTML: Removed incompatibility between PHP and khtml's multipart post
- KHTML: All reported crashes fixed
- KHTML: Smaller fixes (parser, renderer, forms)
- HTTP: Better support for error pages
- HTTP: Fix for broken images due to wrong Accept header
- UserAgent configuration: Fix for disabled "Add" button
- Filemanager: Show number instead of ??? if uid/gid can't be resolved
- Filemanager: There is no "Creation Date" with ext2
- Filemanager: Fix for changing permissions and updating
- Filemanager: Readded support for KDE-1's FSType=Default in Device desktop files
- Tar files: Support for symlinks and hard links
- Sidebar: Fix for common crash on deleting subdirs
- Sidebar: Fix for bookmark module filling in other modules
- Fix for crash with missing 'extra' toolbar in rc file
- Improved error reporting and stability in case of errors when loading a component
- Fix for the never-disappearing splash screen during start
- Handle Asian encodings in headers correctely
- Fix a crash with Turkish locale
KDE is an international technology team that creates free and open source software for desktop and portable computing. Among KDE's products are a modern desktop system for Linux and UNIX platforms, comprehensive office productivity and groupware suites and hundreds of software titles in many categories including Internet and web applications, multimedia, entertainment, educational, graphics and software development. KDE software is translated into more than 60 languages and is built with ease of use and modern accessibility principles in mind. KDE's full-featured applications run natively on Linux, BSD, Windows, Haiku, and macOS.
KDE® and the K Desktop Environment® logo are registered trademarks of KDE e.V..
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.
For more information send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org