KDE 4.4.0 Info Page
KDE 4.4.0 was released on February 9th, 2010.
This page will be updated to reflect changes in the status of 4.4 release cycle so check back for new information.
Please report possible problems to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a list of grave bugs and common pitfalls surfacing after the release was packaged:
- KRunner version KDE SC 4.4.0 has a race condition that can allow users at a local console to gain unintended access to a locked machine and the logged-in account. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
- KDM versions before KDE 4.4.3 have a race condition that allows valid local users to overwrite arbitrary files. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
- KGet versions up to and including KDE SC 4.4.3 have a directory traversal flaw that can allow maliciously-crafted metalink files to download files to unintended directories. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
- Konqueror in KDE SC versions up to and including 4.6.1 have a cross-site scripting error that can be exploited to cause a user to be redirected to a malicious site. Read the detailed advisory for more information.
Please check the bug database before filing any bug reports. Also check for possible updates on this page that might describe or fix your problem.
FAQSee the KDE FAQ for any specific questions you may have. Questions about Konqueror should be directed to the Konqueror FAQ.
Download and Installation
Build instructions. Build instructions are separately maintained.
The KDE release is split into a platform release and a desktop release.
The complete source code for KDE 4.4.0 is available for download:
Some Linux/UNIX OS vendors have kindly provided binary packages of KDE 4.4 for some versions of their distribution, and in other cases community volunteers have done so. Some of these binary packages are available for free download from KDE's http or FTP mirrors.
Currently pre-compiled packages are available for:
- Fedora KDE 4.4.0 packages are available:
Gentoo Linux provides KDE 4.4.0 builds in main repository.
More details can be found on Gentoo KDE Guide.
- Kubuntu packages are available for 9.10 and the development Lucid version. More details can be found in the announcement on Kubuntu.org.
- openSUSE packages are available for openSUSE 11.2 (one-click install), for openSUSE 11.1 (one-click install), for openSUSE 11.0 (one-click install) and openSUSE Factory (one-click install).