Okteta - Hex Editor
Okteta is a simple editor for the raw data of files.
- Values and characters shown either in two columns (the traditional display in hex editors) or in rows with the value on top of the character
- Editing and navigating similar to a text editor
- Customizable data views
- Data view profiles
- Tools dockable on all sides or floating
- Numerical encodings: Hexadecimal, Decimal, Octal, Binary
- Character encodings: All 8-bit encodings as supplied by Qt, EBCDIC
- Fast data rendering on screen
- Multiple open files
- Support for remote files, by http, ftp, fish & other protocols supported by KDE Platform
- Export of data to text, both file and clipboard.
- Checksum/Hashsum calculator: Modular sum (8/16/32/64 bit), Adler-32, CRC-32 and Hashsums by the QCA2 library, can be SHA-0/1/224/256/384/512, MD2/4/5, RIPEMD-160, Whirlpool
- Structures tool for analyzing and editing based on user-creatable structure definitions
- Statistic tool
- String extraction tool
- 8-bit charset conversion tool
- Decoding table listing common simple data types.
- Table with complete list of all byte values