KMail - Mail Client
KMail is the email component of Kontact, the integrated personal information manager from KDE.
- Supports the standard mail protocols IMAP, POP3 and SMTP.
- Supports authentication via NTLM (Microsoft Windows) and GSSAPI (Kerberos)
- Supports plain text and secure logins, using SSL and TLS.
- Integration of international character sets and spell-checking (as-you-type and on demand)
- Native support for inline OpenPGP, PGP/MIME, and S/MIME.
- Reading and writing of HTML mail.
- Ability to display plain text only from an HTML mail.
- Allows you to receive and accept invitations.
- Integration with popular spam checkers, e.g. SpamAssassin, Bogofilter, etc.
- An optional spam probability meter can be displayed
- Powerful search and filter abilities
- Can import mail from many other clients
- Searching in IMAP folders fully supported
- Highly integrated with other Kontact components
- Encrypted password saving in KWallet
- Flagging and tagging of messages to aid sorting and recovery of information
- Supports mailing list management features
- Can replace text smilies with emoticons
- Displays the sender's picture or avatar if present in the address book
- Supports X-Face (b/w pictures in messages)
- Compression of attachments
- KMail supports Groupware functionality.